The Adult Cardiorespiratory Enhanced and Responsive Service offers two main services: Respiratory and Heart Failure.
ACERS Respiratory Service is a 7 day service, based at Homerton University Hospital and St Leonards Hospital that provides care and support to anyone living in City and Hackney with a diagnosed chronic lung disease. ACERS Respiratory is a multidisciplinary Team consisting of Nurses, Physiotherapists, Psychologists and Support workers, who provide the following services:
Hospital at home, which includes:
- Admission avoidance
- Early Support discharged
- Remote monitoring and management of patients with suspected or confirmed COVID-19
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Integrated breathlessness rehabilitation – for people with Respiratory & chronic Heart failure
Respiratory Case Management
- Optimisation of disease management and medication
- Disease education and self-management plans
- Coordinate My Care plans development and support
Home Oxygen Service Review and Assessment
- For anyone requiring oxygen therapy irrespective of primary diagnosis
- Long Term Oxygen Therapy
- Ambulatory Oxygen Therapy
- Palliative Oxygen Therapy
Outpatient Respiratory Physiotherapy
- Provision of airway clearance programmes and review for patients with Bronchiectasis – including trial of hypertonic saline and devices to help maximise chest clearance
- Assessment and management of Dysfunctional Breathing Patterns
- Assessment and management of Chronic Cough
Clinical Psychology (internal referrals only)
- Assessment and management of anxiety related breathlessness
- Management and supporting the adjustment related to a chronic respiratory disease
- Management and support of Respiratory Frequent Attenders
- Provides care in the Community to optimise medications, monitor symptoms and reduce the risk of a hospital admission
- Provide Specialist Nursing input if patients are admission to hospital, throughout their admission
- Facilitate the discharge process and act as the liaison between secondary and primary care
- Cardiac rehabilitation—part of treatment for patients with coronary heart disease and helps patients to manage self-manage their condition.
- They have clinics across city and hackney and also do home visits.
- The team are able to provide education as requested.
- Please note this is not a rapid response service.
- 5 day service Mon-Fri 9-5pm.
See the Homerton website for inclusion critera.
How to refer
The following clinicians can refer to this service:
ACERS Community Heart Failure Nurses