COVID-19: Click here for update to Cardiology Services
COVID-19: Click here for update to Respiratory Services
The Adult Cardiorespiratory Enhanced and Responsive Service offers two main services: Respiratory and Heart failure
- The service manages and treats exacerbations of respiratory conditions-we visit same day if called before 12noon.
- It in reaches to patients that are admitted and follow them up on discharge.
- It runs pulmonary rehabilitation—programme of exercise and education for people with long-term lung conditions at several venues.
- ACERS have a case management service and see patients in clinics.
- The team manage the provision of oxygen across City and Hackney ensuring that it is both safe and appropriate.
- The team is able to provide education as requested.
- Based mainly at Homerton University Hospital and St Leonards Hospital
- 7 day service.
- 6pm-9pm-phone advice only.
Phone number: 0208 510 5107
SOS phone on 24 hours 07920150074
Referrals by phone or email to: huh-tr.HomertonCOPD@nhs.net
- Cardiac rehabilitation—part of treatment for patients with coronary heart disease and helps patients to manage self-manage their condition.
- The Heart failure team titrates, optimises and monitor medications.
- The team follows up all heart failure patients following an admission within 5 working days.
- They have clinics across city and hackney and also do home visits.
- The team are able to provide education as requested.
- Please note this is not a rapid response service.
- 5 day service Mon-Fri 9-5pm.
See the Homerton website for inclusion critera.
How to refer
ACERS Community Heart Failure Nurses