We offer an outpatient service, for patients to be seen in clinic. We can also offer a wide range of therapeutic services ranging from 1-1 contact in clinic or the patient's home to groups. Appointments can be face-to-face or remote, depending on need and clinical judgement.
Our teams consist of: Consultant psychiatrist, mental health nurses, psychologists, nursery nurses, occupational therapist, pharmacist, social worker, midwives, peer support workers and administrators.
Conditions we treat:
• Anxiety bipolar disorder
• Schizo affective disorder
• Low mood
• Post-traumatic stress disorder
We also provide preconception counselling to any women with serious mental illness planning a family and we actively encourage referrals for these women.
If needed, an interpreter will be booked to attend the appointment, please advise us in the referral if this is needed.
When referring please provide us with:
• Patient's name, DoB, address, telephone number and email address.
• NHS number
• Your details
• If pregnant please tell us the gestation and EDD and where the patient's pregnancy is booked.
• Any medication the patient is taking or has taken
• Medical history
• Patients psychiatric history including any diagnosis, previous treatment, especially any previous admissions and treatment.
• What your current concerns are and if there are any risks you foresee
• Please give an up-to-date assessment of what you feel the patient's mental health needs are now and what you feel we can offer.
Non-urgent self and professional referrals can be made here: https://www.elft.nhs.uk/perinatal
Urgent referrals must be phoned through to Urgent Assessment Team on 0208 432 8020
Service contact details: 020 8510 8151 / email@example.com
For medication advice contact the Perinatal pharmacist (part-time; Thurs only). Email firstname.lastname@example.org and Cc email@example.com – response time of a few days
The service will assess within 28 days and provide you and the patient with written feedback of the assessment and plan for treatment.
Please refer patients in the perinatal period, (during pregnancy and up to 1 year post-natal), for moderate to severe mental Illness. For mild-to-moderate see the perinatal mental health pathway for support options.
How to refer
The following clinicians can refer to this service: