COVID-19: Service Update - Click here
Talking therapies are NICE recommended, clinically proven treatments for a wide range of mild to moderate mental health conditions. Treatments include cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), interpersonal therapy (IPT) and behavioural activation (BA).
Talk Changes is the main IAPT service for City and Hackney.
Therapies are provided in a variety of formats to suit individual needs, including face-to-face, telephone, online and group sessions.
Talk Changes’ recovery rates are above the national average. Most referrals wait no more than 2 weeks for their initial assessment. Over 95% of service users would recommend the service.
Low mood and motivation for people with LTCs
Talk Changes for Health - is a specific service for people with long-term physical health conditions who may struggle with low mood and motivation. Patients with LTCs may not identify themselves as anxious or depressed but can benefit from talking therapy to help them cope with symptoms and adhere to treatment regimes
In addition, IAPT services are also commissioned:
- for Turkish speakers from Derman
- for the Charedi community from Bikur Cholim
- From Mind. These can differ from traditional CBT with a greater focus on acceptance rather than positive change. They may be suitable for people who have not previously succeeded with CBT.
- Adults (18+) registered with a City and Hackney GP (Derman accept 16+)
- Mild to moderate anxiety disorders, depression (including post natal), stress and insomnia
- Receiving psychological interventions from another service
- Current state of acute psychosis
- In crisis or actively suicidal
- Currently using alcohol/drugs in a chaotic way
How to refer