The service provides Direct Access MRI to patients in locations outside of City and Hackney.
The service will contact patients within 5 working days to confirm the referral has been accepted.
For MSK, we advise referral to Locomotor in the first instance. They can order diagnostics- x-ray, ultrasound, MRI- if required.
- Cancer – any patient with suspected cancer should be referred through the two week wait referral pathway
- Cardiac and Vascular investigations – referral should be to Imaging departments in secondary care
- Patients with a Body Mass Index exceeding the manufacturer’s health and safety guidance for weight limits of the MRI unit or couch
- Patients with implanted medical devices that are MRI contraindicated and in certain cases are MRI conditional.
- Patients under the age of 19
- Patients requiring a general anaesthetic
- Scans requiring the use of contrast
- Hospital inpatients