Please provide your patient with the information leaflet here on what to expect during their appointment.
See Lower GI pathway download for details of which services to use.
• Strong FH CRC (colonoscopy recommended at age 50-55 if asymptomatic)
o CRC in 1 first degree relatives aged <50 years
o CRC in 2 FDR of any age
o See BSG website: ‘Colonoscopy in High Risk groups’ for more information
• Polyp surveillance
o Previous adenomatous polyps
o See BSG guidlines for Post-polypectomy Surveillance
- Mental health problems or dementia (would they tolerate bowel prep and procedure; capacity to sign consent)
- Recent MI or CVA within 8w
- eGFR <30
- Patient body weight >135kg
- Had full colonoscopy within last 2y