The Community Gynaecology Service provides specialist gynaecology services from the Ivy Centre at St Leonard's Hospital.
- Menorrhagia if an ultrasound scan shows no fibroids >3cm and endometrial thickness <15mm>
- Intermenstrual bleeding if ultrasound shows no fibroids >3cm and endometrial thickness <15mm>
- Secondary amenorrhoea and oligoamenorrhoea
- Dysmenorrhoea if normal ultrasound scan, no/minimal tenderness on vaginal examination
- Advice regarding fibroids or adenomyosis if patient does not require/desire surgery or medical management with ulipristal
- Complex menopause
- Pelvic pain if ultrasound normal and no tenderness on vaginal examination
- PMS – (failing to respond to primary care)
- Cervical polyps
- Cervical ectropion
- Nabothian cysts on cervix
- Difficult cervical smear
- Children (under the age of 16)
- Suspected cancers
- Early pregnancy problems
- IVF treatment
- Patients requiring fertility treatments
- Patients with complex contraceptive needs- please use Complex Contraception Clinic- see service page.
- Termination of pregnancy—please refer to the Abortion Care Service
Please refer via e-RS.
Clinic Type: Menopause, Menstrual Disorders, Not Otherwise Specified, Pelvic Pain, Vulval and Perineal Lesions
Service name: Community Gynaecology- St Leonards (The Ivy Centre) - Homerton - RQX20
Click Search Primary Care
For EMIS/Word Referral form- see downloads. Please use referral form when referring.
Ivy Centre, St Leonards Hospital, N1 5LZ