The North East Thames Regional Genetics Service based at Great Ormond Street Hospital, provides risk assessment and discussion of risk management to those people with a strong (high risk) family history of cancer. Types of cancers include:
See referral guidelines under Downloads.
- The individual being referred should be affected with cancer (unless otherwise stated).
- All affected relatives should be on the same side of the family.
- It is essential that all ages of diagnosis are specified in the initial referral.
- Send a completed family history questionnaire (see Downloads) with your referral (see info about the appointment).
- Whenever possible, send histology for cancer diagnoses with the referral.
- All individuals from a family with a known cancer predisposition syndrome should be referred.
- Fulfilling the referral criteria does not mean a person will be seen in the genetics clinic.
How to refer
The following clinicians can refer to this service: