The delivery of dispensed medicines for vulnerable people is now due to end on 31st May 2021 to allow all stakeholders to wind down use of the service; practices should note there is no plan to further extend after this date.
Currently the scheme is open to all patients who live in City or Hackney and / or are registered with a City & Hackney GP who are unable to come into or have significant restrictions in coming into the pharmacy because they are:
- self-isolating (because they / members of their household have Covid-19 symptoms)
- clinically extremely vulnerable
- frail or housebound for other reasons
- other patients that the patient’s formal (health & social) care workers and informal carers have
- concern about patient’s ability to safely access the pharmacy during this winter and pandemic period
Eligible patients should arrange for their medicines to be collected from the pharmacy or delivered to them by family, friends, carer or trusted neighbour. Where there is no family, friends, carer or trusted neighbour, patients should request delivery via their pharmacy if it is offered.
The Volunteer Centre Hackney, email email@example.com or telephone 07305086347 or
07305086348, will only arrange a volunteer when it has not been possible to source other routes of delivery.