Covid vaccines for cancer patients
- The Government announced on Monday 18 January that the Covid-19 vaccination programme will be extended to people in JCVI priority group 4. Priority group 4 includes people who are clinically extremely vulnerable and will include people having active cancer treatment as well as many in follow-up.
- All other cancer patients such as those treated a long time previously and who were treated surgically will be covered by priority group 6.
- Clinically urgent cancer treatment should not be delayed by the vaccination.
- Being vaccinated is not a requirement for having chemo or radiotherapy.
- No safety concerns around any cancer patients receiving the vaccine.
Further info can be found in the below document, including local detail on chemotherapy and radiotherapy patients and cancer surgical patients.