On Wednesday 14th of July NHS Community Voice, together with local midwives, health visitors, and other healthcare professionals from across City & Hackney hosted an informal online conversation about the COVID-19 vaccine, pregnancy, breastfeeding and fertility.
The session included:
- Science behind the vaccine
- An opportunity to ask about the vaccine, your baby and/or fertility
- Personal experiences from women who have had the vaccine while pregnant
- Health information and advice
- How and when to book your vaccine
See our video of the video of the event and find out:
- How we know the vaccine is safe for pregnant women.
- How we know it’s safe in the long term as the baby is born and grows.
- How safe it is really to get a vaccine whilst breastfeeding in the long term.
- Which vaccine is best to get when breastfeeding.
- Whether the vaccine affects fertility.
You can watch the video here.
Following the event, we produced Frequently Asked Questions Fact Sheet. You can Read the fact sheet here